Our Commitment to Privacy.
What Information is Collected.
We collect information about you directly from you and from third parties, as well as automatically through your use of our Site or Services. Under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the Sustainable Linux Hint LLC is a Data Controller.
- Information We Collect Directly From You. Certain areas and features of our Site and Services require registration. To register we will need your name, phone number and valid email address.
- Information We Collect Automatically. We automatically collect information about your use of our Services through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies. We combine this information with other information we collect about you. Please see the section “Cookies and Other Tracking Mechanisms” below for more information.
- domain name;
- your browser type and operating system;
- web pages you view; links you click; your IP address;
- the length of time you visit our Site and or use our Services;
- the referring URL, or the webpage that led you to our Site.
- We do not collect any types of Sensitive Data from our users. Sensitive Data includes any personally identifiable information pertaining to: race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union memberships, genetic or biometric data, health or mortality, and sex life or sexual orientation. Please immediately notify us if you have accidentally submitted any Sensitive Data and we shall promptly remove such information.
How and When the Information is Used
The personally and non-personally identifiable information we collect is used for administering our business activities. No personally identifiable information is collected, sold, gathered or used for any other purpose.
How We Share Your Information. We may share information in the following circumstances:
- Service Providers.We will not sell, trade, or rent your personally identifiable information to others. However, we do provide some of our services through contractual arrangements made with affiliates, service providers, partners and other third parties (“Service Providers”). Our Service Providers include Mail Chimp. We use Mail Chimp to store email contact information and send all emails to our users. We and our Service Partners may need to use some personal information in order to perform tasks between our respective sites, or to deliver services to you.
- Business Transfers.If we are acquired by or merged with another company, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other company.
- In Response to Legal Process.We also may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information.We may share aggregate or de-identified information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes.
How We Protect Your Information.
To protect your personal identifiable information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry standard SSL/TLS end-to-end encryption of data in transit to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed. All other information we collect may be stored in perpetuity through our database, unless we receive a request by you to remove such information. We store all information through our internal database, but your name and email is also stored through Mailchimp. The information is only accessible by Linux Hint administrators for internal use and is stored in perpetuity until requested to be removed.
Although we have implemented commercially reasonable precautions to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction, please be aware that despite our best efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security. You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer.
Advertising on our Site is based on cookies and similar technology.
We use personalized online advertising on our Services. This allows us to deliver more relevant advertising to people who visit our Site. It works by showing you advertisements that are based on your browsing patterns and the way you have interacted with our Site. It then shows you ads which we believe may interest you.
When you use our Services, some of the cookies and similar technology we place on your device are advertising cookies, so we can understand what sort of pages you are interested in. We can then display advertising on your browser based on these interests. For instance, if you have been viewing a lot of food related videos, we may show you more advertisements for food and drink.
We do not collect or use information such as your name or email address for personalized online advertising.
We may also show you advertising on our Site based on your browsing patterns on other websites or mobile applications that we have obtained from our advertising partners.
Online retargeting is another form of online advertising that allows us and some of our advertising partners to show you advertising based on your browsing patterns and interactions with a website or mobile applications away from our Services.
Cookies. Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser for record-keeping purposes. Some cookies allow us to make it easier for you to navigate our Site and Services, while others are used to enable a faster log-in process or to allow us to track your activities at our Site and Service. We use three types of cookies: session, persistent and advertising cookies.
- Session Cookies.Session cookies exist only during an online session. They disappear from your computer when you close your browser or turn off your computer. We use session cookies to allow our systems to uniquely identify you during a session or while you are logged into the Site. This allows us to process your online transactions and requests and verify your identity, after you have logged in, as you move through our Site.
- Persistent Cookies.Persistent cookies remain on your computer after you have closed your browser or turned off your computer. We use persistent cookies to track aggregate and statistical information about user activity, and to display advertising both on our Site and on third-party sites.
- Advertising Cookies. Cookies that are used to collect information about your visit to our Site, the content you have viewed, the links you have followed and information about your browser, device and your IP address. We have set out more details on this below.
- Disabling Cookies.Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in the future. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Visitors to our Site who disable cookies will be able to browse certain areas of the Site, but some features may not function.
- Clear GIFs, pixel tags and other technologies.Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your computer’s hard drive, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on web pages. We may use clear GIFs (a.k.a. web beacons, web bugs or pixel tags), in connection with our Site, App and Services to, among other things, track the activities of Site visitors and App users, help us manage content, and compile statistics about Site and App usage. We and our third party service providers also use clear GIFs in HTML emails to our customers, to help us track email response rates, identify when our emails are viewed, and track whether our emails are forwarded.
Third Party Analytics
When you click on links on our Site, they may direct you away from our Site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other websites and encourage you to read their individual privacy policies. If you visit a third-party website or mobile application link from our Site, you do so at your own risk.
How You Can Access Your Information.
- What personal information pertaining to you is being processed
- Why this information is being processed
- Who has access to this personal information about you
- How this personal information is being used in automated decisions
- What processes are using this information
Opting Out of Emails
We may send periodic promotional or informational emails to you. You may opt-out of such communications by following the opt-out instructions contained in the email. Please note that it may take up to 10 business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt-out of receiving emails about recommendations or other information we think may interest you, we may still send you emails your use of the Services you have requested or received from us.
The Services are not intended for use by children under the age of 13. Linux Hint does not allow individuals under the age of 13 to provide any information to us, nor do we knowingly collect or use any personal information from such children. If you are under the age of 13, do not submit any information to our Site. If we learn that we collected personal information from children under the age of 13, we will take steps to delete that information as soon as possible.
International Data Transfer.
California Residents Privacy Rights.
If you are a California resident and you have questions about our practices with respect to sharing information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes and your ability to exercise choice, please send your request to email@example.com.